Saturday, December 18, 2010

Birthday Card



Saw a youtube video of Rachelo113 on youtube for a halloween inspired slider card and got inspired. I had to make a card for a friend for her birthday and really wanted to get durty so just went for it.
I used the new Tim Holtz Holiday Stack *Thanks Louise I LOVE it! and stamped and gessoed it and of course stickles. Trying to make a card for a birthday this time of year is very hard not to make it festive themed but I'm sure it's horrible having a birthday so close to christmas! The lock is one I made with Anne out of clay from a Tim Holtz mould *Anne we have to get together and make aload more of them, I wont make them by myself!
Instead of stamping happy birthday I tore a page from the dictionary for B and gessoed around everything except birthday and put it on a ----yokie, cant remember the name of those little bits of plastic*mummy brain
glossy....accents....yokies....you know what I'm on about!

2 comments:

  1. Fragments??!! Gorgeous card Lou, love that paper and great idea with tearing out the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THATS IT!!! I randomly found it on the ground and couldn't remember what it was!

    ReplyDelete